I was reminiscing my childhood and was inspired to write.
At this time I feel insignificant,
Wanna say it but I don't know where to begin,
It's just playing on repeat again and again,
Wanna face it but I don't know if I can,
Here's my plan, pretend it never happened,
Maybe then once again I can start laughin,
But then I gotta face that its life and,
Realize all good things must come to an end,
Back when we were kids playin and nappin,
At the flat pretending like we were captains,
Who knew that in a box you'd be wrapped in,
It's just sad all thats left are just has beens,
I wish I didn't grow up, wish I was a kid again,
This time I'd be around to guide and to hold your hand,
In my mind, your memory is everlastin,
In my heart, you'll always be my lil cousin,
I'm sorry I was gone and we rarely met again,
Sorry I moved on to meet all my new friends,
Wish I took the time to call you to make plans,
If I did, who knew what could have been,
If I tried, who knew what would happen,
If I cried enough would this pain end,
It's not right to witness a parent,
Bury their child even if they're in heaven...
This one is dedicated to Harris, my cousin who passed away over a year ago... Also, to Hannah, Kelsey's cousin who passed away very recently...
I miss you Harris, I know you're in a better place now but I just miss you... I wish we had met more often, I wish you didn't move so far away, damn I wish it never happened. I'm sorry I was missing from the last few years of your life...
Sometimes life moves so fast and we take things for granted. No matter how busy and exciting life can be, let's not forget what's important.
Take care and have a nice day.
Sunday, June 29, 2008
Dearest Childhood Friend
Posted by Icky at 1:18 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comments:
im so touched to read this...
huhu!
Post a Comment