CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, June 14, 2008

Icky Gets Ripped Off...

So here's the story, been meaning to start a new blog for a while now but just didn't know when, until what happened today...


2 days ago I was going through lowyat.net and found a post by this guy selling a bunch of Jordan stuff, like shoes, jackets and caps. Being the Jordan shoe freak that I am, I checked it out and send him a PM offering to buy his Air Jordan I Retro White and Air Jordan 3 Retro III. What intested me the most is the fact that both the shoes are in good condition and never worn, and the best part of all, it was exactly my size! (11 US)


He replied and asked for my MSN. The thing you should know is that this guy is in Penang, and I was never a fan of non-COD (cash on delivery) deals, but in my mind, since my cousin is in Penang, if I get a good deal I could ask her to get it for me first.

So against my better judgement I went ahead and gave him my MSN and we negotiated. I asked about why he was selling it, how come it's not been worn, how much, how to deal and etc.

He said that he needs the cash cos everything so expensive nowadays (damn, everyone gives that as a reason!), he doesn't wear it cos he collects them, and he would post the shoes to me. After much negotiations, he agreed to let it both go for RM550 including postage. I had said that I'd rather have my cousin meet him, unfortunately my cousin had just arrived in KL when I called her and only going back in 2 weeks so I eventually agreed on posting.

I don't know if it was they way he talked or what, but in the end, I found myself agreeing to bank in money, and he would send me the stuff and it should arrive either today (saturday) or monday. I asked if theres a way I could check that he really sent, but he said the delivery status can only be checked online after 1 day. After showing my concerns and him reassuring me, I said okay.

A few minutes after talking to him on MSN, I had cold feet and messaged him saying that I'm sorry but I won't do it unless he posts it first or he waits till my cousin comes back because theres been many warnings about these stuff and furthermore, he's a new member on the forums.
He replied saying that he understands and agrees to post it first and MMS the posting receipt as proof. He finally sent me the above MMS (using someone elses number cos his phone got no camera) with the pos laju posting receipt. Being the easily convinced fool that I am, I was satisfied and proceeded to bank in RM550 to his bank account.

He called me several times after to ask me if I had banked it in and he asked that I send him a picture of the Maybank slip as proof that I have banked in the money. I asked him why not just check the bank account, he said something's wrong with his ATM card so he needs to deal with that first, so he got no other way to check. In the end I ended up emailing him the following Maybank slip.

Even though I was still a little worried, I thought nothing of it, until today. I wanted to call him to ask what time does packages usually arrive and how to check my delivery status, but when I called, the line said "the number you have dialled cannot be reached at the moment", in the way of indicating that the line is not in sevice. I started to freak.

I went online to search the forum for his topic, and to my surprise, another member posted saying "do not deal with this guy, he cheats money". Apparently that guy got conned too. Thats when I knew my money was gone.

I was so pissed, mostly at myself cos I dunno why I did it when I've always been against this kind of deals... I guess its the pos laju proof...

However, I remembered about the MMS he sent me being from another number, so I tried calling the number, notexpecting much, when suddenly a guy picks up. The guy didn't understand much english so I asked him in Malay about the guy who borrowed his phone to send an MMS. He said that he runs a workshop and that dude sent his car in. I asked for Mr Conman's real number and address but the man only had the phone number.

I called the number immedietely, but surprise surprise, no one answered, good thing was this number was actually ringing. Few minutes later I got a call and I knew it was him because even when he called me before it always says "private number". I asked him bout the shoe but he kept insisting he doesn't know what I'm talking about or who I am. He continued by saying "I gotta call you back later, sorry" and hung up.

I then sent him an sms, basically attempting to put him on a guilt trip and trying to get him to return the money (I know, I know, no need to point out that it's pointless, I've already accepted the loss, I just thought I'd try). He replied with the whole "really dunno who you are and what shoe?". I replied telling him to stop pretending and asked him to return it again. He didn't reply.

I'm just gonna see what happens until my exam paper on Wednesday, by then, if no progress, I'm gonna track the Maxis number and get his address. If I feel like theres a slight chance that it's the real address, he is gonna get a visit from me sometime in the near future. It won't be pleasant.




Take care and have a nice day.

0 comments: