And so my exams are finally over. It ended with a pretty demoralizing Macroeconomics paper but oh well, such is life.
Interesting things has happened since I got conned off RM550, here's what happened.
Andrew came back from Australia ad one day, him, his friend and me went for dinner. We were talking about my misfortune and Andrew's friend said that I should call the mechanic and ask for the number plate because he can track down the guy with it. We continued talking and finally decided to make a police report. That was of course a waste of time but at least I've fulfilled my responsiblity.
I then called the mechanic again the next day asking for the number plate and full name. The mechanic said he'd look for it and get back to me. That evening I got a call from mr "private number" again. I immedietely asked for my money back and was obviously too pissed off to face more of this "what are you talking about" drama. He asked me to listen and I finally did. His story is that he owns a cybercafe and a boy that always plays at his cybercafe borrowed his phone that day to make calls. He really didn't know what I was talking about then my SMS got him thinking and he asked the boy about it and the boy admitted. Long story short, he's making the boy pay me back the money. He said that he's gonna make the boy pay me RM50 every 2 days because the boy doesn't have much money and he doesn't want the boy to con other people just to pay me back. Apparently the boy doesn't have money cos he's a gambler and the person I banked in my money to was his bookie which he owed money to. I agreed finally because I thought at least I'll be getting it back.
2 days later came and I was glad to see that RM50 was banked in that day, and even 2 days later another RM50. However, the next payment was supposed to be yesterday but I forgot to call the guy about it cos I was busy. I remembered about it today and SMSed him asking if the boy had deposited the money. He said he'll ask and let me know. Didn't get back from him so I went to the ATM to check, no deposits yesterday. Tried calling the guy but "the number you have dialled cannot be reached". I wasn't too worried cos the same thing happened before but he did call me back, so I thought nothing of it. Until now I haven't gotten a call and I still can't reach him so I have a feeling that I've been had once again. I'm gonna see if I hear from him tomorrow, if not, I'll try calling the mechanic again. It sucks but oh well, at least that's RM100 more that what I thought I'd ever get back.
I still don't believe that there are 2 different guys, I have the biggest gut feeling that they're both the same person. I didn't care cos I was still getting back my money, and now this happens. Some people are scums.
Needless to say, don't be a dumbass like me who thinks he's too damn smart to get conned cos he asked for proof first. Bleh.
Take care and have a nice day.
Friday, June 27, 2008
Icky Gets Ripped Off... Part 2
Posted by Icky at 12:37 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comments:
Poor Ikmal. For the love of shoes, he got conned. Thank goodness you got back RM100.. how's the update btw?
Post a Comment